Reflection on Seven Weeks

IMG_4115It seems like just yesterday we were all moving into our apartments at Bedford Place. Having been in Europe for six weeks already when we moved in, another seven seemed like it may last a lifetime. I was wrong. Time flies when you’re having fun.

Our time in London brought us many experiences and opportunities. First, during London Week, we visited a handful of engaging and helpful alumni doing everything from investment real estate to political risk insurance underwriting. Next, we got the chance to learn about the UK from an exceptional professor, Dr. Blick. In addition, we all worked an internship where we learned to deal with coworkers, bosses, and busy work. We learned about pub culture and English idiosyncrasies as well. We traveled to Bath, Oxford, and Edinburgh with Sara. We tasted this food and that food in Borough Market. We even walked through the House of Lords. When I look back, we did a lot, and I think we did a great job of making the most of our time in London.

One part of our experience I’ll never forget was the Brexit. In 30 years, I bet we look back and tell people “I was there for that.” The vote will have numerous consequences, some good, some bad. It will be interesting to see the impact of the vote over the next few months, especially after we’ve learned so much about the issues with Dr. Blick.

Even after a busy seven weeks (a “lifetime”), I feel like we just scratched the surface of the city of London. I’ve never spent a long amount of time in a place with so much going on. If anything, I
think this sentiment makes for a good excuse to visit again sometime in the future. I look forward to that occasion.