An Unconventional First Day

I expected to have a pretty normal first day. I got up early and gave myself plenty of time to navigate my 25-minute commute, just in case I messed up a long the way. I thoroughly studied Google maps both the night before, that morning, and took screen shots to reference during the trip. I made it through my four tube stops and line transfer without any problems. But when I walked out of Old Street station and started to get pelted with rain, things started to go south. Too busy fumbling for my umbrella and rain jacket to refer to my screenshots, I walked straight ahead out of the station. I wasn’t sure I was going in the right direction, but I told myself I’d check once I was under some kind of cover. I couldn’t find any street signs anywhere and walked about three blocks before I turned around, thinking I was going the wrong way. Begrudgingly, I went into my settings and flicked on my data roaming. I needed Google Maps to hold my hand on my walk to the first day of work.
I finally got to the office with a few minutes to spare. One of the Co-CEO’s of my company, Catch21, greeted me at the reception and brought me downstairs to an empty conference room. After about thirty minutes of introduction and explaining a little more about what I would be doing, Henry told me he’d see me tomorrow at 10 a.m. That’s it? I thought. Only thirty minutes for the first day? It wasn’t the conventional 9-5 work day I expected, but it only made me more excited for Wednesday.